- About us
- On tour
- OutReach - Get involved
- Venue hire
- Support us
- Have your say
Schools and Colleges
Schools Creative Partnership Scheme
We have created a vibrant and exciting package for primary and secondary schools and further education colleges.
We support current curriculum initiatives in a creative and fun way and create bespoke workshops on various subjects.
We are currently working in schools on the following projects:
- Acting and Characterisation skills: Year 7, 8 & 9 Eskdale School
- Hamlet Workshops: Year 5 & 6 Hinderwell School
- Highwayman Workshop: Year 5 Wheatcroft School
- Puppetry Workshops: Year 1 & 2 Friarage School
- Victorian Children Project: Year 6 Barrowcliff Juniors
- Puppetry Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced: Year 10 Pindar School
- BTEC Acting Module: Year 11 Filey School
- Mask Workshops: Bramcote School
- Greek Mask Workshops: Year 13 Scarborough 6th Form College
Working in partnership with us, a school will have supported access to the theatre and its resources.
Available options include:
- Guided tours of the building with supporting resource material
- Teachers inset days
- Expertise of its staff with supporting resource material
- Classroom resources for main house shows
- First rate, fully insured (with Enhanced CRB) drama practitioners
- Bespoke workshops including mask and puppetry, physical theatre techniques, play analysis, Stanislavski and many more
Current Partner Schools:
- Filey Secondary School
- Pindar School
- Graham School
- Eskdale School
- Bramcote School
- Yorkshire Coast College
- Pupil Referral Unit
- Gladstone Infants Schools
- Hinderwell School
- Barrowcliff Juniors
- Wheatcroft Primary
- Gladstone Juniors School
- Friarage School
- Northstead School
Year 9 Students undertaking their GCSE drama syllabus at Pindar all received A* grades for their practical project
Teachers' Membership Scheme
We have 2 teachers’ forums per year. Membership fees are £6 per year.
- Two forums per year – Summer and Autumn terms
- Free ticket for a performance, a complimentary drink, programme and posters for your school
- Teachers’ newsletter
- Valuable networking opportunities
We also run inset days for teachers on working in the round and linking practical drama into the curriculum.
Every year two students aged 14+ are selected by their school to become young reviewers for all SJT productions. They will be invited to attend InterACT press nights and be treated as members of the press.
For more information on any of the above please contact Diana Logan, OutReach Officer (Schools & Colleges) or Denise Gilfoyle, Head of OutReach on 01723 370540.
We have a new and exciting work experience package available. Students will come in from local schools for one week of the year and work on a specialist project. They will learn about all areas of the theatre and create a project based around the current play, culminating in a final project at the end of the week. They will have access to mentors from the theatres staff. Each mentor will be a specialist in one area of theatre.
For more information please contact the OutReach Officer for Schools & Colleges Diana Logan on 01723 370540 ext 297
There are no current reviews.
There are no current Resource Packs.