Enjoy this year's magical Christmas show from the comfort of your sofa!
Adapted by Nick Lane from the story by Benjamin Tabart & others
Directed and Choreographed by Gemma Fairlie
Director of Photography: Daniel Abell
Music & lyrics by Simon Slater
Designed by Helen Coyston
Lighting Design by Paul Stear
Editor & colourist: Daniel Abell
Sound capture & final mix: Chris Jones at Beckview Studios
Broadcast Assistant: Hannah Barron
The live stage production is sponsored by Boyes
Price: £12 / £15
Can't get to the theatre? Our Christmas extravaganza can come to you!
Available to watch until midnight on 31 January - once you've booked, click the link in your confirmation email or use this link to watch!
Fee-fi-fo-fum – I smell the socks of a Scarborian!
There’s a rumour going round town that a giant has built a castle above the coastal clouds of Scarborough. A terrible giant. Meaner than mean and nastier than nasty.
It’s all rubbish of course. Jack started the rumour by accident, but now he’s the obvious choice to head up that weird beanstalk he grew in the garden, above the clouds and destroy the beast! After all, it’s only a rumour. Isn’t it…?
This Christmas the team that brought you The Snow Queen, Treasure Island, Alice in Wonderland and A (Scarborough) Christmas Carol invite you up the Beanstalk to discover the truth!
The Reviews Hub
"So silly and so enjoyable"
"a proper winter warmer with some off-the-wall touches"
“Magical, festive, silly and bonkers”
The Scarborough News
“The story is brilliant and great fun. Both kids loved it – a big thumbs up!”
Our Director of Photography, Daniel Abell, says: “We want you to see the audience, to feel like you’re sitting there. We’re trying to give you the best seat in the house!”
- Please disregard the date, time and ticket delivery method while booking (you will need to select 'leave my tickets at the box office' but don't worry, you don't need actual tickets!)
- We take all cards except American Express. Please note if buying a ticket from outside the UK your bank may charge a currency exchange fee.
How to Watch
- The film will be available to watch until midnight on 31 January. All times are GMT.
- Once you've booked, click the link in your confirmation email or click here!
- You'll be prompted to log in to your SJT account (which you used to book) to access the watch page.
- You can watch the film on any computer or mobile device connected to the internet, or on a smart TV (through its web browser).
- Captions can be turned on or off via the cog icon in the player.
- We're really sorry but we do not have the capacity to provide individual technical support for smart TV viewing; we suggest you google your TV model and how to access a webpage.
Want to see it live on stage? Check out the dates and times here.