Please use the form below when applying for all vacancies on this page.
We are looking for freelance practitioners, particularly Drama Specialists, to help us offer new and exciting work through our OutReach department. Practitioners would need to have experience working with young people in an education setting. If you're interested, please email us your CV.
Our young company, is looking for a group of young writers, based in Scarborough and the surrounding areas aged 16-25. Each young writer will work with a group of our Youth Theatre writing their devised production that will be performed in March.
Over ten weeks you will work with a Youth Theatre group here at the SJT or in Eastfield at the Hub. Seven groups will be participating in the Outreach Festival in March there will be a writer for each of the groups. Throughout the process, you will be mentored by the practitioner of the group and will have weekly meetings with them to ensure you are progressing.
The project will begin in late September/ October. To be considered for the project please write a short children’s story with a maximum of 500 words and a short cover letter explaining why you are right for the project.
- To write the devised piece of theatre for the Rounders group performance in March
- Be available to work with the young people before the devising begins so they can get to know you
- Working throughout the devising process with young people
- Meeting with practitioner of the group to discuss development of play
- Ensuring all of the young people have a part in the play
- Sticking to the deadlines given by the practitioner
- Ensuring the writing for the play is age appropriate for the performance
- Willing to undergo a DBS check
Applications must be submitted by the 2nd September by noon. If you have any questions or would like to have any more information on this position please email.
Any casting enquiries should be sent to Sarah Hughes.