One of Scarborough’s most popular cafés, Eat Me Café, has partnered with the SJT.
The award-winning café, named as a Local Gem in The Good Food Guide every year between 2015 and 2020, has been operating from the SJT Bar & Lounge since the beginning of August in a ‘pop-up’, Eat Me @ The SJT, which has proved hugely popular with both regulars and new diners alike.
Now, the arrangement has been extended indefinitely! Read on for more information on Eat Me @ The SJT.
Owners Martyn Hyde and Stephen Dinardo say:
“We’re thrilled to confirm that we’ll be in residence at the SJT for the foreseeable.
“Space at our premises on Hanover Road is quite tight, so for the safety of our staff and customers, we wanted a temporary space where we can provide much greater social distancing.
“We have a long-standing and close friendship with the SJT, and they’re just across the road: their spacious first-floor bar lounge has proved to be a perfect space for us over the last month.
“Keep an eye out for special deals linked with cinema and theatre productions at the SJT, and follow our social media for exclusives!”
Monday: 10am - 6.30pm
Tuesday: 10am - 6.30pm
Wednesday: 10am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 10am - 7.30pm
Friday: 10am - 7.30pm
Saturday: 10am - 7.30pm
Japanese Ramens for your noodle fix, Mac’N’Cheese just because its a favourite, and more including some newbies, like the Bento Box of Delights and the Dhal of the Week.
Burgers that’ll make your mouth water
Daily changing Specials that include our much sought after Sticky Monkey Fingers Spunky Chicken and the new and exciting Basketcase Chicken, with new arrivals weekly.
Find out more at the link above.
We recommend that you book beforehand, as we can't always guarantee there will be tables free for walk-ins.
To book, contact the Eat Me Café team directly on 07445 475328 or via email.
- When you arrive, you may need to wait a few moments to be seated.
- All customers will be required to provide details for track and trace, even if they have already checked in to the theatre.
- We want you to feel safe as you take your place at our socially distanced tables. We’ll be catering for a maximum of 42 people at any one time.
- We’ve introduced a thorough cleaning regime. Our laminated menus are cleaned after each use and cutlery is brought to you when you order, and sanitised each time. Our tables are carefully cleaned after each use. We’ll provide condiments on request.
- We’re keeping staff contact with cutlery, crockery and glasses to a minimum, and our staff will maintain social distance from you.
- Hand sanitiser and tissues will be available around the venue.
- We will ensure that the space is always well ventilated.
- Staff are now wearing face coverings.
You can read the full Eat Me at SJT risk assessment here.