*Click here for an update on changes coming into effect from Monday 19 July*
On this page:
- Opening hours & booking information
- Track and trace
- Around the building
- Keeping you safe in the cinema and the theatre
- Keeping you safe at Eat Me @ the SJT
- Any questions?
- Risk assessment
Last updated: 14 July 2021
During your visit we ask that you follow the guidelines to protect yourself, other customers and our staff. We will be constantly reviewing the guidelines below, and welcome any feedback you may have.
The SJT Box Office is open:
12noon - 7.30pm when there's an evening show
11am - 7.30pm if there's a matinee
12noon - 5pm on non-show days
You can call us on 01723 370541, email us with any booking queries and of course, you can book online here.
Eat Me Café @ the SJT
On our first-floor (lift available!), offering an eclectic mix of British & Asian food, daily specials, cocktails, craft beer and a whole lot more besides!
Monday - Saturday from 10am (last orders 6.30pm Mon-Wed and 7.30pm Thur - Sat).
Contact the Eat Me team directly to book your table via 07445 475328 or email.
You can follow Eat Me Cafe on Facebook and Twitter here and here.
Shop at SJT
Run by a cooperative of local artisans selling a wide range of cards and hand-crafted gifts.
For updates, follow the Shop on Facebook and Twitter.
Usual opening hours:
Mon-Wed, 5 - 7.30pm
Thur, 12 - 7.30pm
Fri, 12 - 2.30pm & 5 - 7.30pm
Sat, 12 - 7.30pm
To support NHS Test and Trace (which is part of the Department for Health and Social Care) in England, we have been mandated by law to collect and keep a limited record of staff, customers and visitors who come onto our premises for the purpose of contact tracing.
By maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors, and sharing these with NHS Test and Trace where requested, we can help to identify people who may have been exposed to the coronavirus. This information will be held for 21 days before being safely discarded.
You can either check in via the NHS Covid-19 app, using the QR codes around the building, or if you prefer you can fill out a form in the foyer. Full details here.
Separately to this, all Eat Me @ the SJT customers will be required to provide details for track and trace, even if they have already checked in to the theatre.
- A member of our friendly team will meet you at the front door and check your Eat Me @ the SJT reservation/cinema/theatre booking. They’ll also ask you to confirm that neither you, nor any member of your party, have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- We have introduced temperature checks on entry - if this is over 37.8°C we will unfortunately be unable to allow you to enter and your ticket fee will be credited to your account.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided as you enter the building.
- Please note that face coverings are now mandatory in indoor settings. The exceptions to this are when eating or drinking and if you have a legitimate reason not to. If you would feel more comfortable showing something to say you don't have to wear a face covering, you can download exemption cards here.
- The passenger lift is available but we ask that only one household group (to a maximum of four people) use it at a time.
- In parts of the building we’ve introduced a one way system. Where this isn’t possible we ask that you keep to the right and be considerate to other patrons in order to maintain social distance. At busy times members of our staff may manage audience flow around the building.
- At the end of your visit you may be asked to exit via a different route to that which you're used to. Most exits lead directly out onto Hanover Road, or onto Northway.
- Cinema screenings are limited to approximately 35% capacity, and now have allocated seats so you can choose where to sit.
- Shows in the Round are limited to a maximum of 50% capacity, sometimes less.
- Arrival times for the Round and the McCarthy are based on where you’re seated and are designed to reduce the need to pass anyone. You can check your arrival time using the document at the end of this section.
- We can’t guarantee you won’t have to pass or be passed by someone else, and we ask you to be considerate to others when entering and leaving the auditorium and to stand if someone does need to get past.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in all areas, and carry out enhanced cleaning between screenings and shows, with particular attention paid to touch points such as seats, hand rails, toilets, taps etc.
- The building will be regularly decontaminated using cold fogging machines, a safe, environmentally friendly way of neutralising any biohazard including virus such as Covid-19 - you can find out more about the process here.
- All our staff will wear face coverings.
- We’ve increased the amount of fresh air ventilation in the cinema and have fitted new air filters.
- We have now implemented online ordering - choose from a range of refreshments after selecting your tickets, and they’ll be ready for you to collect on arrival. If you’re not ready to decide, you can add items to your order later by phoning the box office; we’ll also remind you in a pre-visit email.
- When you arrive, you may need to wait a few moments to be seated.
- All customers will be required to provide details for track and trace, even if they have already checked in to the theatre.
- We want you to feel safe as you take your place at our socially distanced tables. We’ll be catering for a maximum of 42 people at any one time.
- We’ve introduced a thorough cleaning regime. Our laminated menus are cleaned after each use and cutlery is brought to you when you order, and sanitised each time. Our tables are carefully cleaned after each use. We’ll provide condiments on request.
- We’re keeping staff contact with cutlery, crockery and glasses to a minimum, and our staff will maintain social distance from you.
- Hand sanitiser and tissues will be available around the venue.
- We will ensure that the space is always well ventilated.
- Staff are now wearing face coverings.
You can read the full Eat Me at SJT risk assessment here.
There are plenty of toilets available. We ask customers to observe social distancing and we have taken some facilities out of use to assist with this.
We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning, and we ask that you use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the toilets, as well as washing hands thoroughly afterwards, of course!
If you should need to use the toilets during the show, a member of staff will guide you. It may be that you can’t then be re-seated in your original seat.